- Butterflies haven't emerged yet. It looks like the chrysallises have turned a little brown, but it's been 9 days since they "hid".
- Lilies aren't blooming, but are still growing taller. Hooray.
- Sleeping at night has become a practice of Lamaze for me ... changing positions seemingly every half-hour and frequent trips to the bathroom. :)
- Couches were cleaned today ... whew, they look and smell delightful again, instead of just stained. Hopefully, we'll get a couple more years out of them.
- I got my hair cut yesterday... definitely look like a mom of three boys now. :)
- A pedicure appt. is set up for tomorrow at a fancy schmancy place on Magazine. I'm finally using a giftcard given to me over a year ago. Yikes.
- We finished our taxes electronically last night, and they've been "accepted". Joys. Thankfully, we didn't just break even.
- We're deciding to become even more energy-efficient and plan to spring for a new washer and dryer with the extra Economic $ coming from the our President. Because of our plan for cloth dipes & wipes, it seems crucial. Our current laundry facilities are probably the worst possible in the energy efficient category. Front-loading, here we come!
- We're talking about the possibility of leasing solar panels too ... evidently, our city is one of a handful chosen in a program to cut energy costs.
- I saw my OB today ... he says I'm 1-2cm dialated and the process has begun! I guess the irregular contractions I've been half-sleeping through at night have been doing something. Since all this is usually fast for me and once it starts, it doesn't stop -- every morning I wonder if they'll continue. So far, no luck. Perhaps my OB will actually deliver this baby since both boys were born on the weekend, he hasn't been on call. But, he's on call next weekend (DD is 4/5).
- Friends are coming for dinner tonight ... pesto chicken florentine, caesar salad, garlic bread and pumpkin pie are the menu.
- "Rocket" has been at the mechanic since last Thursday. A scary knocking sound has caused him to have an extended stay and us with a high "hospital" bill. Ugh.
- I'm not sure if I'm really nesting, but the boys' clothes are switched to summer, sheets are clean, laundry is done, and the house is straightened. I just don't want to come home to clutter. I'm a little worried that I might just throw something away in the next couple days that I'll really want or need. I keep looking around the house and thinking, "we don't need that -- who can I give it to?" Hmmm. Not sure if I'm in the right state of mind to be purging.
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
13 Notes of Interest
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Purging is always good! I'm still on call if needed.My next washer will be a front loader.I need to find out about the solar panels.Do you have all the diapers you need? May be the butterflies will come the same time the baby is born or even the flowers,that would be really neat if they did.
ReplyDeleteMiss melissa
I'm with you on #3! How did you clean your couches?
ReplyDeleteWhen I purge I usually end up accidentally throwing something out...oh well!
I loved this post! Every number was intersting to me and fun to read! And I say go ahead and purge girl!! As long as you don't give away one of kids accidentally, you'll probably be fine.
ReplyDeleteSounds like #3 will be soon!! :)
I'm curious - is it a standard thing for pregnant women to get a pedicure the week before hospital/labor/delivery? Beth insisted on getting one all 3 times. I personally thought it was a funny thing to be worried about, but I was most definitely smart enough to keep my thoughts to myself during that 39th week of pregnancy!
ReplyDeleteWe continue to pray for you guys on a regular basis. Don't rush the baby too much - remember that all the great ones are born in April!
Yes Chris, pregnant women MUST get a pedicure everytime they have a baby. It's in the unwritten rules. It's basically the only part of our bodies that's gonna look good. I remember sitting in the hospital with my third looking at the French Manicure style on my toes thinking, "Gosh, that looks so pretty!"
ReplyDeleteLoved your list Crystal.
Sounds like nesting to me!
ReplyDeleteI didn't realize until just now, how close you are.
Praying for an easy and safe delivery.
Melissa, I'm waiting to see Renee's stash to decide what kind to invest in. At the start, I'll use the ones my sister gave me if I'm up for trying with a newborn.
ReplyDeletecarein, we were blessed to have the gift of Stanley Steemer. I think even the guys who did it were surprised at how well they looked. I should have taken before and after pix.
chris, it's a weird phenomenom about the pedicure thing. I guess a laboring woman needs to know that something about her looks pretty ... besides you spend a lot of time looking at your feet during the process. ;) Not sure if we'll make it to April, but I'm still rootin' for 4-6-08.
cool post. love it. what kind of cloth diapers are you planning on using? let me know how it goes? i thought about that for whenever we have another one.
ReplyDeleteandy, he's still going to be in dipes for awhile ... you could still do it now. i'm waiting for renee to move to nola so that i can see what she has and figure out what's best. i haven't found a store here that carries them and i think it will bug me if i order a bunch of different ones online to figure out which will be best for us. i'll let you know.
ReplyDeleteCrystal,
ReplyDeleteKaryssa would like you to have your boy on her birthday: 4-4-08
Thinking of you lots!
Love, Karen
Congratulations,Crystal,
ReplyDeleteDouglas, and boys. I am so excited for you and your new little Eli. Your family is beautiful.
Love,
Nanette