Let me give you a little background ... in the month between the time we made our news of baby #3 public knowledge and the first ultrasound that told us the sobering news, Doug and I began to make preparations to become a family of five. We secured a realtor, found our dream house, began mental arrangements for a possible buyer for our house, started the lending process ... then, the weekend before Christmas ... we realized we simply couldn't afford our "dream house" (ok, so I think it was more mine than Doug's, but it was one of those houses that we could envision our kids as teenagers ... not so with our current home), our potential buyer had second thoughts, and we resigned ourselves to having to organize our small space to accommodate one more for a while longer.

Our other preparation ... a higher priority than a bigger house ... was a vehicle that could fit all five of us comfortably (and reliable enough to get us all out of town in the event of possible evacuation). We looked at a used minivan for sale by a local family on the morning of 12/26 ... just hours before we would know our baby was not well. We decided to go with it, in spite of what happened.
We welcome this beautiful blue 2000 Dodge Caravan to our family .... The boys love it! Sam thinks it's the coolest thing that Uncle Rob and Aunt 'Tina and Mimie can all ride with us if we want them to. :) Of course, he's very excited about Aunt Joy and Emily getting to ride with us this weekend. I'm excited to have more room and can actually help the boys into their seats without getting soaked when it's raining. It's proven to be a fun thing in the last week. Just one more step to truly being a soccer mom. ;)
So I think I've entered a new stage in life when I look at that and think "sweet ride!" :)
ReplyDeleteI can't picture you in a mini van! How fun! My dream car is a honda accord and has been since high school!
ReplyDeleteBy the way...I'm posting from school (waiting for open house) and our network doesn't usually let us onto blogs...I found a way to beat the system...unless they changed the settings!
Mini-Vans are the best. We mourn the passing of our beautiful red Ford Windstar. The boys still ask when we will get another one. (I answer that God gave us the first one, He will have to give us the next one.) I was shocked how much I loved having the van even though we were just four and should be able to ride in a car. We could fit everything in that van and could seat the boys in a million, don't touch each other, don't look at each other, ways. I hope yours brings you as many happy days and safe evacuations as ours did!
ReplyDeletecool new wheels.
ReplyDeletewow! do you blare your music loud and ride with the windows down? i can see you doing that. or have you taken it off-roading yet? i like it.
ReplyDelete