Sunday, March 16, 2008

Our first pets

Believe it or not, we have two pets. They were given to us on Wednesday morning with all the required food, cage, and instructions. By Friday, the food was gone but they didn't need any anymore. The best kind of pets ... caterpillars from our church's butterfly garden. We missed both of them making their chrysalises ... one during naptime on Friday and the other in the early evening while we were running an errand. Now, we keep checking for any signs of our emerging butterflies. The boys have enjoyed watching them. Zach's even had to make a second trek to the top of the container after he knocked it down. I'm thankful for another example of new life to explain to the boys about the resurrection as well as the new little brother we're waiting to meet.

8 comments:

  1. I did these with my first graders...ordered them from Steve Spangler science. Pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crystal... a pet... you're breaking down... next thing you know, you are going to have a dog on your hands!! ok..ok... I know better...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are doing that to teach the resurrection... what an awesome idea! Totally going to use that next year. How beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you named them? Once you do,well that is another story!

    Miss melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun watching them grow!

    We got a new pet too! Check out my blog to find out more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. eek! LOVE THEM! Have you named them??

    This spring our goal is to have a butterfly garden in our yard. We are so excited about it!

    Too cute! Can't wait to read conversations you have with your kiddos about this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Send those butterflies right over and we'll laminate them up for ya! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool! Keep us updated. Alf and I LOVE spring.

    ReplyDelete