Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Transition

It already feels like a dream. Just three weeks ago, we moved back home to New Orleans after living in Little Rock for 10 months. In some ways, it feels like we never left. In other ways, the adjustment and transition we are experiencing as a family feels monumental. Besides reoccupying our neighborhood and our home that we believed would have sold before now, it’s our first transition to “summer vacation” as Zach finished Pre-K and Sam graduated from kindergarten the day before we left Little Rock.
Transition is a close friend these days. We eagerly anticipate yet another transition when God provides a buyer for our home in Algiers and a home for us in Gentilly. We’re delighted about the impending transition for our boys as they enter Morris Jeff Community School in August. Most obviously, transition surrounds every element of the ministry of NOLA Church Plant as we work together as a team in one city, as we develop our core group, and as we interact with volunteer teams virtually every week.

No routine. No normal. I am challenged by His desire for me to enjoy His presence every day. Oh how I crave my time with Him. When every human part of me wants to know the rest of the story with our house, our church, our school and even Eli’s journey out of diapers, I rest in what I do know: God knows the rest of all those stories. His plans are the best for me. His plans are the best for our family. His plans are the best for Gentilly. I can’t help but be grateful for all He has done. I can’t help but be grateful that I get to be a character in His story to make His name great in New Orleans today.

Thanks for praying for us.



*written for the NOLA Church Plant weekly e-newsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment