Friday, August 13, 2010

First day of school

It's 1:30pm. How nice it is to sit on the couch and finally visit my blog after a summer's unintended sabbatical. This was the first summer since I've become a mom that I've not had the blessing of afternoon naptime for all littles. Since Sam and Zach were in school full-time last year, it seemed awkward (although sometimes mandated) to designate a required rest-time every afternoon. They truly enjoyed playing alone together w/o a toddler to disrupt their "stories", as Eli naps for usually a three-hour stretch. Yet, I've missed the quiet house in the middle of the day. I never have found time to visit here in the midst of adjusting to life again in New Orleans. Hopefully, I'll get to post more often now that school is back in session.

And here's our little crew this morning bright and early ... of course, a little someone wanted to get in on the act. Later when he and I were at the mall, I wondered if it was simply a coincidence that he found a navy polo shirt and was swinging it around.
One super cute happy but a lil' tired kindergartener. Zach is most excited about kindergarten because "I don't have to take a nap!"
And our way-too-cool 1st grader. Sam says his favorite part about the the first day was dancing in arts class. I can only imagine what his moves looked like.

No comments:

Post a Comment