Friday, June 04, 2010
Hello, New Orleans
We may look exhausted but we're happy! We arrived on Wednesday night, unloaded with the help of many welcoming friends, started unpacking on Thursday and slept in our beds that night. An evening with our team-mates/friends became dinner at Tony Mandina's, tickets to Preservation Hall, topped off by beignets and cafe au lait at Cafe du Monde. Twas a fabulous way to begin this next season in NOLA. I felt like I was in a movie at Preservation Hall, and definitely not the last. My dad would loooove it. At least, that's what I kept thinking the whole time we were there. Small room, no AC, too late for seats, but the jazz was amazing! It's definitely been added to our list of places to take friends who visit New Orleans. We are settled for now ... come on, everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You're making me so jealous - we miss New Orleans so much! Its truly a unique place. Praying for you as you settle in. :)
ReplyDeleteGreat pic! I don't think you look exhasuted at all!
ReplyDeleteIt's me, Janel. Trying to catch up on your blog. A few posts back, you asked for input. Here's a passage that God placed on my heart a little while back. Hopefully, it will speak to you as it did to me.
ReplyDeleteJeremiah 29:4-7 (ESV) "Thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, to all the exiles whom I have sent into exile from Jerusalem to Babylon: Build houses and live in them; plant gardens and eat their produce; Take wives and have sons and daughters; take wives for your sons, and give your daughters in marriage, that they may bear sons and daughters; MULTIPLY THERE AND DO NOT DECREASE. But seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray for the Lord on its behalf, for in its welfare you will find your welfare."
Our entire lives can be seen as an exile as we wait to move to our true home in heaven, but there are also times in our lives when we feel an exile beyond this. It is easy to take the approach of, "I'll just hold on and get through." However, that's not what this passage tells us. During the times of exile in our lives - times when we know God has promised us one thing yet He somehow has us in a totally different place for a time - God wants us not only to keep from losing ground. He wants us to keep moving forward. He tells us to not decrease or hold the status quo, but instead find a way to increase.
Welcome to New Orleans! We would love to get to know y'all better. Drop into an Origins gathering or give me a call. 504.615.6550 I can't wait to here more about how you're doing.
ReplyDelete