Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My ball and chain

5:20pm ... I'm turning on music for the kids to wind down since I caught them before the water play got too out of control outside with the neighbor kids. two baskets of clean laundry are ready to be folded before I tackle the rest of dinner. phone rings from our realtor telling me someone wants to look at the house between 5:30 and 6:00pm tonight. Doug isn't home yet.

5:25pm ... while feverishly cleaning up, putting away stuff and mindlessly going from room to room, I look at the clock and realize that they could arrive any minute. Mimie arrives for dinner which is simmering on the stove waiting for the sides to be started.

5:30pm ... my mind wonders if this is it. we just lowered the price again yesterday. maybe. thinking about our stuff through the eyes of a prospective buyer. hide unmentionables in drawers. clean out the grass in the tub from the kids' feet since the lawn was mowed yesterday. thinking I was so on top of things to mop the kitchen floor just an hour ago.

5:40pm ... look at the clock again. maybe they won't come. what are the chances? no one has really come. (well, just three in three months) coax myself to be positive. God has a plan. right? head to the kitchen to try to clean up the dishes from dinner prep. thankful that Mimie is here to entertain the boys while I'm so focused.

5:45pm ... neighbor calls to see why I sent her boys home so fast. explain a little and finish our conversation since I hear a knock on the door.

5:46pm ... open the door and say, "come on in."

5:47pm ... "she doesn't want to come in. she doesn't want a raised house." (kind realtor)

A cruel joke. Good grief.
Please, God, let me off.

5 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so sorry...you can't help but be discouraged. Keep reminding yourself of God's better plan...even though you can't see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugg...selling houses is the worst. I don't know how you can do it unless you know that it is really God's will for you to sell. It also amazes me at how many people & realtors won't really look at the specs of a house before coming to look at it only to realize they don't want the house when they get there. Look at the info! Look at the pictures! Please don't put us through such craziness only to not even come in and look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhhhhhh! Isn't that frustrating. I never had that happen, but it was so annoying to go through all of the crazy picking up and have no one show up. I guess on the plus side it's better to have only 4 people see the house and not buy it than 20 people look at it and not buy it... Still praying. God has a plan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crystal, I am so sorry! Just keep repeating over and over, God has a perfect plan, God has a perfect plan! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who cares how many come to see the house? You only need 1 buyer. Praying for you. God bless. ACD

    ReplyDelete