Monday, June 29, 2009

Greatest Show on Earth

I was just as excited as Sam and Zach to see the circus for the first time. Mimie treated us to a night at the New Orleans Arena when the circus was in town this year. It was great fun.

Not surprisingly, they loved the animals shows the best. I'm sure the animals are treated well these days, but I couldn't help but think of all the children's books that portray animals trying to get away from the circus or just feeling disgruntled because of the constant performing. Books have a powerful effect on me. Smile. My favorite was the cyclists in the metal ball thing. Amazing stuff. I just can't imagine working for the circus ... what a interesting but strange (to me) thing to do with your life. I couldn't figure out how I felt about it. While I enjoyed it, I think I'd be okay if it was my only visit.

2 comments:

  1. Your memory from books makes me laugh! I could take it or leave it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you know our family loves the circus. Don't read those books.They are to negative.Just read the good ones1 heehee

    Missa

    ReplyDelete