Sunday, June 28, 2009

Reality check

I'm realizing that I haven't been doing this transition so well. It's amazing to me that I can get emotionally caught in the one detail that hasn't come together yet (a buyer for our house) when all around me God is providing so many other details that I'm just taking for granted. How selfish. As I woke up this morning wondering how God was going to "show up" in regarsd to our house, He reminded me of His graciousness in allowing us to purchase this home and enjoy it for the past 4+ years. He allowed us to purchase it for the price that we could afford. He brought so many "servants" into our lives to help us get settled. He sustained it during Katrina. He's allowed our family to fit comfortably even though we've brought two babies home in it. He will write the rest of the story of this house as it relates to our family. It's all yours, God.

On top of all the mixed emotions about finishing here and the unknowns of the "next"(Little Rock) along with a healthy "I just don't know" about the following (Gentilly), it's summer and I miss my Wednesday morning Bible study to keep me in the Word. I miss my weekly prayer time w/my mom friend to pray for our marriages. It's so darn hot and I miss my morning walks on the levee that keep my focused on depending on Him.

Reality check. I need Him. Right now. For tomorrow.

Oh, and one more thing ... I love this family that God has placed me in. How cool is it to be married to a man who desires to live for Him. Completely. With everything he's got. And especially with everything he's not. How cool is it to be able to enjoy the personalities and uniqueness of three different boys who I get to watch grow and mature physically and spiritually. When I'm seeking Him, they will seek Him. May I be found to hunger and thirst for God insatiably.

2 comments:

  1. Crystal, you are an amazing woman. I sit back and watch how God is using you in the lives of people.Love you. Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely right. It's so easy to dwell on the problems we have instead of the blessings. I'm praying for you, girl.

    ReplyDelete