Sunday, April 05, 2009

Living Proof Live

In case you needed an kick in the pants, if you have an opportunity to attend Living Proof Live with Beth Moore at any time ... do it! She and her team were in New Orleans over the weekend. When we had to purchase tickets back in February, I looked at all that was supposed to happen in March (PA trip, beach retreat), and figured that it would be too much and opted to say no to attending. God had other plans. A sweet friend offered me an extra ticket on Friday morning. And, I scrambled to work out childcare so that I could attend both Friday night and Saturday morning. I simply love how God uses women's conferences (see this) to speak His word to me. I knew that many of Beth's words were for me on Friday night (especially) without a doubt.

First of all, I love being a woman. I love being with women. I love real relationships with women. I love worshipping God with women. I love praying with women. Beth Moore oozes God's love to women. It's real and not a show. Her passion for whole, holy women is contagious. I'm always affected when God brings about women to minister to other women in whatever setting or circumstance. Perhaps it's because I sometimes feel isolated as a SAHM or maybe it's that I anticipate the Spirit-filled power that can control our lives when we connect as women, but I just love it and always long for more of it.

Here's some of the powerful statements that penetrated my heart ...
  • I cannot be a whole person without other people. Isolation leads to thinking that bizarre behavior is normal.
  • My spiritual life should be the most exciting thing in my life.
  • Prayerless life is a powerless life. Prayer gives stamina. Prayer is the prescription for anxiety. Life life in a God-conscious state...before the very face of God.
  • You cannot muster up gratitude. Your heart shows it. We have to value what God values if we want a grateful heart.
  • "I don't want to get away with mediocrity. I don't want to get away with destructiveness. I don't want to get away with meanness. I want to be someone only God can make."

Father, I long to be whole. I long to be holy. You are wholly faithful and I am found holy in You. I Thess. 5:24

1 comment:

  1. You are right! I've been to one here and it was amazing. SHe is a beautiful person inside and out. I loved the worship too when thousands of women were praising God together. It gave me chills. Thanks for posting! Any more snippets you would like to share? :)

    ReplyDelete