Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Little blue box

Since I've learned to use cloth wipes with my cloth diapers, I've also found it super handy and easy to have another plastic box of damp baby washclothes on our kitchen table. Now that Eli is eating solid foods, these make it easy to clean him and his bib before getting up. The older boys are learning to grab one when they need it too. Most of these washclothes were given to us, although I purchased a box of 4 at Dollar Tree to add to my stash. I never understood what to do with so many baby washclothes anyway, so I was happy to find a "green" alternate use that works for us. When they're dirty, I simply throw them in an empty bucket which sits on top of my washer that holds all the "needs to be washed soon" items from potty accidents, special stains, wet towels from spills, etc. After they're washed, I add them right away to the bottom of the box. It's important to use them often and regularly when they're damp since mine did get stinky while we were gone on vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment