I found this idea from one of my favorite crafty mommy sites. Not surprisingly, our turkey's body had to be orange. He's taken up residence on the back of our front door for the month of November. The boys switch days of telling me what they are thankful for and I write whatever comes to their minds. Since the picture was taken, we've added houses, people, orange, doorknobs, music, bees, and finally, "trains and cars and don't forget, train tables". It's supposed to be a countdown until Thanksgiving, but it hasn't become part of our daily routine so we do it when we remember.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Meet Turkey Wurkey
I found this idea from one of my favorite crafty mommy sites. Not surprisingly, our turkey's body had to be orange. He's taken up residence on the back of our front door for the month of November. The boys switch days of telling me what they are thankful for and I write whatever comes to their minds. Since the picture was taken, we've added houses, people, orange, doorknobs, music, bees, and finally, "trains and cars and don't forget, train tables". It's supposed to be a countdown until Thanksgiving, but it hasn't become part of our daily routine so we do it when we remember.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love it!
ReplyDeleteI love this idea - so cute - I just might try it:)
ReplyDeletevery creative what a marvelous idea ~ TFS "Turkey Wurkey" makes me smile!!
ReplyDeleteThat is really cute!
ReplyDeleteSince I'm just seeing this a week before Thanksgiving, I may have to tweak it for a Christmas theme.
You make me miss having preschoolers.