We found a new favorite book this week at the library, A Camping Spree with Mr. Magee. The illustrations are bright and cheery and the rhyming story is so fun. The author is Chris Van Husen, and I'm excited to try some of his other publications too. 
Another favorite is the Duck in the Truck series by Jez Alborough. There's several titles in that series, as well as many others. We really like the adorable book with no words entitled Hug, which is the cutest about jungle animals.
For Christmas, the boys were given several kids' Bibles that Sam especially loves. His favorite is the See with Me Bible which has few words. The Rhyme Bible's stories held his attention at first because of their cool rhymes and softer illustrations. The Praise Bible's stories also rhyme, however, the pages are full-color and basic cartoon figures.
5 days left...woohoo!!!!!
ReplyDeleteBTW...since I can't have any more babies, I live vicariously through those that can, and stalk them until they deliver and show me pictures and tell me stories.
ReplyDeleteNow isn't that nice to know?!
love when you give book recommendations. i hope that little guys loves books. i read to him and he seems interested.
ReplyDeleteI immediately requested this book. I've read it to several classes of kids. It is a fabulous read aloud! Thanks for the recommendation! Even us librarians need some inspiration now and then. :)
ReplyDelete