Saturday, January 26, 2008

Parades


Some photos from the two back-to-back parades we went to this afternoon on the Westbank ... we usually do a couple day parades each year. We all decided that we got enough stuff for one year. ;) At one point, Zach commented, "I think we have everything we need." Sam also was ready to leave before it was over simply because we had "enough stuff". I loved that. Once he was given the big stuffed dog, he was content. Going to parades with toddlers can be not near as pleasant as our experience today. We found a parking spot with no problem about a block from the parade route. And, just our luck, the parade was just starting to pass as we found our spot. Our little spot wasn't crowded at all which meant the boys could actually sit down on the curb and be seen by the riders. Holding them the whole time is not fun. It was a little damp and chilly, but it didn't rain at all. Plus, we only had to pay for one drink at the restaurant we stood in front of ... in order to use their bathrooms. Having the little potty stowed in the van was necessary for Zach. He didn't remember last year's parades, so he wasn't sure he wanted to go ... after all we were leaving the house when it was his naptime and he loves his nap. But after a lollipop thrown by one of the first floats, he was clapping with the bands and enjoying the throws. Good family fun. The boys are taking a late nap with no hesitation. The stuffed animals are in the washer and the beads will be washed before played with again or given away to another rider.

10 comments:

  1. AW, I wish we could be there and attend a parade with you guys. Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That is an enormous pile of stuff! I can't believe it. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. agh. i'm sooo jealous! i wanna gooooooooo...keturah and i almost pulled an "irresponsible" to fly down to NOLA for mardi gras...and then we chose not to. :0 heheh given the repercussions of the last incident;)muah! save me the beads that look like pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really do need to let my boys experience Mardi Gras, don't I? Love the potty in the van!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok. love the picture of sam playing trumpet with the marching band. Wish we could have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love "I think we have everything we need" That makes me laugh!! How fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No doubt about it! NOLA lives for parties! I can't believe their pile of loot. WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "i think we have everything we need." so stinkin' funny. your kids are great. parades are fun. well unless you are a little girl that gets he fingers stepped on when picking up beads. yep that was me. :) glad the boys are enjoying some nola fun

    ReplyDelete
  9. Usually kids (and many adults) are like "more, more, more" so "having enough" is definitely a great quality! I was hoping we could be there but Mardi Gras had to be so early this year. Oh, well, I see a road trip from Dallas next year!

    ReplyDelete