Saturday, November 10, 2007

Online coupons

Today I was about to buy a Christmas gift online to be shipped out-of-state. I didn't like my checkout total even though it was a deal. The bottomline is I hate paying for shipping. I think Amazon has me spoiled with their free super saver shipping when you buy more than $25. Anyway, I decided to google for a coupon for this particular vendor. I found a great site that seemed like a hub of information about online coupons for just about anything. A coupon code that I found through another online source gave me 10% off my total. It wasn't the 20% or 30% I was looking for, but $5 more in my pocket.

I have to admit that I don't use coupons very often. When we lived in Dallas, I used to love Tom Thumb's double and triple coupon deals. Now, I shop at Wal-mart once a week to limit my list of errands. I've grown comfortable with their prices ... maybe too comfortable. I was amazed to find printable online coupons for allergy medicine and other personal care products which always seem to be overpriced. Now I just have to purchase more ink for my printer.

Any other great savings ideas out there you guys want to share? I haven't been there lately, but Leslie's Bargain Shopper's Paradise is probably already aware of this ... ;)

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh! Nice find, -C!! I put a little note on Bargain Shopper's Paradise, with a link back to your post. Good resource! I can't wait to use it, myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are alot of those sights if you just google "Coupon Codes".

    I know what you mean though, I used to be queen of coupons and bargains...now I just want to get it done!
    We have an "ALDI" here, and it is a great place to get cheaper groceries. Unfortunetly I usually wind up having to run into Wal Mart anyways to get the stuff that ALDI didnt have.
    Its a vicious cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the heads up on this great coupon site! I've marked it as a favorite and plan on using it often.

    Also thank you for your kind comment on my blog. I understand totally what you are saying about being raised with food as the top priority. I was raised in the PA Dutch (German) area of PA - they know how to put on a spread! I've learned over the years it's totally fine to enjoy the cooking, recipe searches, etc. - it's just my motive I must be careful of.

    ReplyDelete