Friday, November 16, 2007

Lost in the woods

It's time to retreat ... literally. Rejuvenation is necessary to move forward in life with a clear perspective and our family is happy to be able to do that this weekend. We're taking a small group of teenagers to a nearby state park. Although I'm exhausted from life right now, I am delighted to get away from the city, enjoy the chilly forest darkness, and the beautiful nature that will surround us. Looking forward to: s'mores over the campfire, quietness in the woods, snuggling in sleeping bags, grilled hot dogs, extra perspective from Him, rest, watching nature move peacefully around us, sweet fellowship with friends, opportunities to encourage, some plain ol' fun.

5 comments:

  1. Have a grand time. I like the name "Hudson Jeremiah" for your little boy,but hadn't had the chance to tell you.

    Melissaj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time! My kind of weekend. The Lord always seems to move in the hearts of His children around a campfire.
    I'm doing a wedding on Saturday...busy, busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i remember those youth group retreats. great times. have fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh..and I will live vicariously through you. even though i am not a huge camping fan.. i always end up having fun.. as long as there are no spiders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. um could you please post with greater frequency, thanks.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete