Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Church renovations #2

More pictures of the auditorium expansion. The glass wall is up. This is towards the left ... sorry, I took these at night. The one below is just left of the front door if you're inside.
So, there's two double doors leading to the foyer from this side. I think
they'll have the tinted glass so you can see in the auditorium but not out to the foyer.

Here's the view of the office once you're inside. The sheetrock is up!

The far wall (along the driveway that runs along side the church).

The front stage area.

The opening is cut for the double doors that will lead
into the library on the other side of the foyer.
I just took more pictures this morning which I'll post when I can ... they've started to paint. It's amazing how much bigger it looks without all the dark wood up front and along the sides. The new heavily padded chairs are ordered. Carpet will be laid. We're on schedule to be able to worship in there soon after Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pics. I have to sit and stare at them for a few minutes before I can get my bearings. I'm glad you explained where everything is. It's sort of strange that you'll be able to see right into the inside of the office area during the middle of the church service...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Renee. It is hard to imagine where everything is. It looks so different... I didn't realize they were putting in glass walls. And the doors to the library, that will be nice! Thanks for posting them!

    ReplyDelete