Sunday, November 04, 2007

My first Saints game

We were given two tickets for the Sunday's Saints game against the Jaguars ("Jagulars" for Sam's sake). We planned to take both boys with us and make it a family event, since we found out that kids under 5 could sit on laps for free. However, Zach woke up with pink eye that morning so extra sleep was necessary for him. We left him napping with Mimie while Doug, Sam and I went to the game (once church let out, of course). The game was awesome ... my first experience at an NFL game and being one of many passionate Saints fans was quite a treat. When we ask Sam what his favorite part was, he says consistently, "My favorite part was ALL OF IT!" He enjoyed riding on Doug's shoulders as we walked in and out of the Superdome and didn't mind switching from one lap to another throughout the game. He loved the marching band at halftime, the random mascot bear on the sideline, and especially cheering for Reggie Bush. In the end, we were thankful we didn't take both boys as that would have been really cramped quarters. It was great to treat Sam on his own in the midst of lots of excitement over Zach's "big boy stages" lately. I have to admit that I could totally justify becoming season ticketholders in the years to come (I mean, three boys!), but since game days are Doug's busiest day of the week ... it just isn't wise or practical. Instead, we were happy to enjoy the generosity of our friends and family at least for one Sunday.

4 comments:

  1. I always LOVED going to Saints games. I've been to a lot and never got sick of them. Hopefully you guys will have many more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun! I didn't realize you took sam with you! The picture of Sam and Doug is really cute. Sam looks so big!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! My first thought when I saw the pics was, 'Man, they're in T-shirts...in November!' It's getting a bit chilly over here.

    Sounds like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a. you must be the saint's good luck charm;)

    b. way to bring that child up right...cheering for #25.

    c. my dad told me to go to a career fair today...i told him i didn't need to, i was doing just fine finding a "career" in nola;)

    d. way to sport the saints threads...

    e. i miss you.

    f. im making my kids (freshman that i teach) watch part of the Spike Lee doc.

    g. will you cook me something soon?

    ReplyDelete