To be honest, I haven't missed the boys as much as I thought. I've enjoyed the time away and am certain that they are wonderful with Em and Aunt Joy. They've kept us going from 7am-11pm with minimal free time, so there's not much energy left at the end of the day. It has been a very nice change to be someone other than a mom for the week ... and I'm thankful that I haven't lost myself in the midst of motherhood ... yet. But, I won't deny it ... I'm looking forward to lots of cuddle time on Monday.
The best part of the trip .... God has been softening my heart towards the poor, the oppressed, the "down and out" in our world. This week was my opportunity to put that new part of my heart into action without any of the excuses of my normal life. It was beautiful. As we ministered in Charleston, it was so evident that much of what we were doing there was much bigger in our own hometown. God took us out of our own sphere in order for us to gain new perspective on what's right in
front of us that we often overlook. I'm anxious to find ways to minister to the needy in our city as we seek out opportunities as a family.P.S. The pic is from Church Group Spirit Night ... WE WON! (And, yes, many actually created a mohawk/fauxhawk as their new hairstyle, Doug included). 504, baby! Who dat? We couldn't help but be proud of our small group that displayed lots of unity and pride in our hometown (504 is our area code). But, honestly, I was more excited by their authenticity, honest questions about their faith and how to move forward during these crucial years of their life as young adults. These are incredible kids.
Hey! Im so glad you had a good time and 'no, your not just a mom!' Im leaving for a Compassion conference this week for four days - even though it will be busy, it will be nice to have a change of pace! Athan cant wait for me to leave b/c then he can play putt-putt and get ice cream at TCBY. Did you get the books?
ReplyDeleteAly