Last night I was telling Doug about a frustrating conversation I had with Sam. You know, one of those motherly conversations when I try my darndest to help him understand something important he needs to learn and have him repeat what I said and crazy stuff like that ... well, it was supposed to be a serious conversation, but Sam kept laughing hysterically and being silly. As I explained to Doug that it was so frustrating, he listened quietly and simply said, "Sounds like me." And, I laughed. Indeed, it's true. I am definitely raising the son of my husband. As I had that thought in mind today, I noticed his daddy in him more than ever.I'm not sure that this story has anything to do with the above information, but it's funny enough to write down. As I opened the van door after we arrived home from an errand, Sam was sitting there with a sneaky smile on his face trying hard not to look at me with his one ankle propped up on his opposite knee. I asked, "Sam, are you cool?" His response was complete with a "Mom, you're ridiculous" kind of tone ... "No, Mom, the ground needs snow." And we giggled together. Yeah, he's pretty smart too.
In other little boy news, the little man Zach has learned his brother's name. Maybe he's been saying it longer than I realized, but it's way too fun to hear him say, "Where's
Sam?" as soon as he wakes up and can't find him. Zach's vocabulary is taking off. I've heard him singing with Sam (an annoying song that just repeats the phrase, "Are we there yet?"). He's putting phrases together to make sentences. It's pretty fun to listen to him. He has the sweetest little voice. I love when he just says, "Mama" over and over again just for fun or when he says, "Jesus", when I ask him what song he wants me to sing at bedtime.
The other night while we were having strawberry "soggy" shortcake, we again were reminded that he's like his Grandpa Moyer. My dad loves to put milk on cake of any kind. After Zach polished off the entire serving of shortcake/strawberries I gave him, he proceeded to plop his leftover veggies in the leftover milk and ate them too. He sat there at the table forever all by himself working so hard with his spoon. He really loves eating things that are floating. Although he's still a pretty messy eater, he always uses his utensils more than Sam does.
Sam?" as soon as he wakes up and can't find him. Zach's vocabulary is taking off. I've heard him singing with Sam (an annoying song that just repeats the phrase, "Are we there yet?"). He's putting phrases together to make sentences. It's pretty fun to listen to him. He has the sweetest little voice. I love when he just says, "Mama" over and over again just for fun or when he says, "Jesus", when I ask him what song he wants me to sing at bedtime.The other night while we were having strawberry "soggy" shortcake, we again were reminded that he's like his Grandpa Moyer. My dad loves to put milk on cake of any kind. After Zach polished off the entire serving of shortcake/strawberries I gave him, he proceeded to plop his leftover veggies in the leftover milk and ate them too. He sat there at the table forever all by himself working so hard with his spoon. He really loves eating things that are floating. Although he's still a pretty messy eater, he always uses his utensils more than Sam does.
I DO want to try your strawberry shortcake! yum yum
ReplyDeleteOkay, I tried to leave a message earlier (before the shortcake) and just realized it's not on there. Anyway, I just wanted to say...I love the story and I LOVE that picture of your youngest with his Easter basket. It makes me happy. He just looks like he's skipping around in pure delight. Sooooo cute!!
ReplyDeleteok your boys are just soooo cute. the cutest boys in louisiana!! i want you to bring them to texas so i can show them off and their cuteness. (the only thing that bothers me was the sentence about zach loves to eat things that float...that just doesn't sit well with me for some reason)
ReplyDeleteI wonder (regarding Sam acting like Doug) if it is genetics or if it is because Sam sees Doug acting that way when you are trying to have a serious conversation. :-) I'm guessing a little of both...
ReplyDelete