Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Live onsite

It seems weird to be able to type on Doug's laptop from my hospital bed in the middle of "labor". We've never spent this much time in a LDR before. In spite of some crazy antics last night (trouble finding the labor/delivery area [new hospital b/c K], waiting for room to be ready for over an hour, and 6 sticks by 4 different professionals to get the IV in), Doug and I rested fairly comfortably. The induction medication seems to be working slowly. After speaking with several nurses and doctors as well as a friend that went through this exact thing at 16 weeks, I'm comfortable with what I know in order to anticipate the day. In spite of all that, tears have come more often than not this morning ... mostly when I've read our email and comments that you've left here. I don't think I've ever felt so loved, lifted up, and cared for by so many people. Certainly this is an encouragement to continue to trust God and lift Him up throughout this day and the days to come. It is only because of Him that we can have hope in this situation and it's only because of His power in our lives that the bonds we share with many of you are as deep and strong as they are. I wouldn't have imagined that so much gain could be found in the midst of tremendous loss. Keep praying that things will quicken with no complications -- we know that it's your prayers that our interceding on our behalf, because frankly we're having a hard time knowing how to pray. We love you all.

3 comments:

  1. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Doug today. I'm praying that He will wrap you in a blanket of peace and comfort as you walk this road. Praying hard...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read though your blog and I can not tell you how sorry I am. We will be praying for real comfort for you both and the boys. I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you guys! I wish I could be there to help in some way.

    ReplyDelete