Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Finality

As I try to type once again from my bed, my right pointer finger is in the blood pressure apparatus while my left arm is squeezed by the same every so often for the next hour or so. The annoying beep (like an alarm clock) of the IV machine fills the room.

It's over. We saw our tiny one around 12:30pm and the rest of the gunk expelled about an hour later. Mild discomfort compared to full-blown full-term contractions made the procedure not bad to physically bear. There's a chance I'll get to go home tonight but they're interested in continuing to monitor for awhile longer before we get the final word.

11 comments:

  1. Will and I have been praying for you all week. I am so sorry that you and your family are dealing with such pain and loss. Know that you are being lifted in prayer and love by so many. We love you guys, Amanda Chenault

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm glad that most of the physical stuff is over for you but i know that emotionally, mentally, and spiritually you are spent. thanks for keeping us updated. get so rest. praying still.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather Blackwell is my daughter and she told me about your blog and what you were going through...I just read through your last few days...I am so grieved by what you have gone through...I was reminded of a story from one of the Gnostic gospels. It's about when Christ is a child and some of the other children in his home town are playing in the mud after the rains and they make little clay birds. Jesus comes by, touches the clay birds, and they come to life and fly off to the heavens!

    George MacDonald, Scottish novelist, poet and Christian writer (1824-1905), wrote a poem based on that beautiful story:


    My prayer-bird was cold -- would not away,
    Although I set it on the edge of the nest.
    Then I bethought me of the story old --
    Love-fact or loving fable, Thou know'st best --
    How, when the children had made sparrows of clay,
    Thou mad'st them birds, with wings to flutter & fold:
    Take, Lord, my prayer in Thy hand, and make it pray.

    So, as feeble as our prayers may be...Christ himself is praying on our behalf and you are upheld by prayer, my dear one. Blessings on you and your family...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been praying for you. Last Wednesday, my sister walked the same road as you. I am glad you have the Lord to carry you and I pray that you feel his loving hand. Let me know if there is anything I can help you guys with. Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. doug and crystal, know that john and i are thinking about you guys and the boys. our words cannot help as much as our Lord's. remember philippians 4:6-8.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dear friend, Crystal,
    Thinking of you with a mother's grieving heart. Couldn't hold back the tears today for you, Doug and your precious little one.

    Love, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry! Praying that God will comfort you all through this time of pain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry the comment above is from me. Samjag

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crystal and Doug,

    Please know that you are being prayed for here in Killeen, TX. May the Lord bring you comfort and peace. A big hug with a lot of love wrapped in it from the two of us.

    Love,
    Cousin Heather and Tony

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear family,
    May God's peace and Spirit come in and comfort. May He fill every place in your hearts until His Holy Spirit is pouring out of the holes. May you see His hand in every moment and may He light the dark moments of healing with His love. Love, The Laatschs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Crystal . . . how has it taken me so long to read back over these posts? I know I didn't walk with you through any of this, but my heart is full for you right now. I know that yesterday must have been a day of many mixed emotions. Even though I'm just now becoming aware of this tragedy in your life, I'm praying . . . praying that God would fill your heart with exactly what you need from Him today. You are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete