Tuesday, January 09, 2007

The inevitable

Doug and I went for our second ultrasound this morning (16 weeks) and as we expected would happen ... our baby's heart had failed since last week. Early this afternoon, we met with my OB who encouraged us to induce labor instead of waiting for it to occur on its own. I'll be checking into the hospital tonight around 7:30 when they'll begin the induction process with hopes of delivery at some point tomorrow. Best case scenario is that I will be able to come home Wednesday night, but depending on how things go -- I may need to stay overnight until Thursday morning.

As you can guess, our trip to Seattle will be postponed. Dr. Sargent said it wasn't best for me to travel in case of complications, but I can't imagine it will be best for the boys for us to be gone four more nights after possibly two in the hospital. I think we'll be needing some extra family hugs.

We again appreciate your prayers for us as we swim in uncharted waters (at least for us). Natural childbirth with healthy babies is all we've experienced, so I find myself trying to mentally prepare for what I can't anticipate.

Edit: Whew! A big thank-you to priceline.com for fully refunding our Seattle hotel and rental car reservations.

7 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry...know that you have lots of people thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. doug and crystal i am praying for you. sam and zach, i am praying for you as well. i love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We pray God's hand is strong on you.
    We love you. The Laatschs

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so sorry for your loss. If there's anything you need or anything that we can do, don't hesitate to let us know.

    Love,

    Rick and Denise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crystal and family...my heart aches as you go through what I can only imagine will be lifechanging. I know the clich'e...all things happen for a reason...is sooo hard to fathom, but may it bring you peace and assurance in God's master plan. You have a special angel in heaven. We will keep praying for peace and comfort, healing and hope. Love you, Rhonda, Ron, Mattea and melea

    ReplyDelete
  6. My heart is heavy and tears flow. Your peace and strength are amazing and is teaching me - so thank you. Love to all of you. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  7. My heart hurts with you, our dear friends, but I have learned much from your words of peace and strength. Your dependence on the Lord is a sure testimony to others. God will see you through this and will reveal his plan to you in his perfect time.

    Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete