Thursday, January 25, 2007

Farm portraits

Here's a post about poop for my friends who like those. :) A little background ... I found this Fisher Price farm at a local thrift store and even purchased the farm animals on ebay to go with it as THE big prize for the end of our potty training with Sam. He was doing really well, but completely reverted at the end of November when we told him we were having a baby. Since then, he's done better but it was like starting all over again. Some of our success has been credited to introducing the "stand-up" feature to this act. However, until this morning we've had no success in depositing "brown" into the toilet. When he did it this morning, he was able to enjoy the barn for awhile until it goes on top of the media cabinet until the next deposit. ;) This afternoon after his nap, Sam asked to have a photo shoot with his barn and animals. Here's a couple of those shots.


Of course, as I was typing this ... he made a deposit in somewhere other than the potty ... looks like the cows and horses will be sleeping in the barn tonight. Tomorrow's a new day!

10 comments:

  1. Hi, Mom and Dad ... just saw that you were on! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my heart aches with missage;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous idea...sure beats bribing your kiddo with candy (although that is how Silas finally started...because he wanted candy at 9am!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I would never get Micah to use the potty. We threw away so many pairs of underwear, because I am just not woman enough to deal with poopy underwear. It was so bad I decided Ethan could just go to college in diapers if he so chose. Fortunately, one day they both decided the toilet was their friend.

    I think you deserve the prize!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the farm idea. it's such a cute farm too. the animals are great. i love that he wanted to have a photo shoot with the farm and animals. sam i'm cheering for you to keep going brown in the toilet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our potty training trial during Christmas break wasn't successful. I offered stickers and pink m&m's (left over from Ben's visit!). Just no interest. I've heard success stories of 3 year olds so we shall try again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is soooo awesome finding all these amazing women from SEBC on blogspot. I'm like overwhelmed with joy.

    I gotta feelin' that I'm about to get sucked into another blog. I don't blog on myspace. It is just my nosy side that sucked me in there. I have a xanga to keep up with the peeps at church. Now, yes, now I'm gonna embrace the blog world of blogspot. For selfish reasons only - I love this community of moms that love the Lord, AND gets where I am right now.

    Argh. Yes, sweet sister, I will start blogging a bit more. Not only for you, but for my own loopy heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HIP, HIP, HOORAY!! for Alli joining our little blog world. (a little cheesy, I know, but you can appreciate that, huh?)

    Can't wait ... and, I do frequent xanga so if I have to go there to visit you, I'm okay with that. ;)

    ReplyDelete