Sunday, January 21, 2007

28 Things You May Not Know About Me

When I'm weary of being introspective but want to entertain my parents, who faithfully check my blog every night, it's time to post another silly survey ...
Courtesy of Andy.
Four jobs I have had in my life:
1. bank teller in Amish country
2. volleyball official
3. funnel-cake maker
4. official weed-wacker and mowing assistant
Movies I would watch over and over:
5. Mr. Holland's Opus
6. Fried Green Tomatoes and Steel Magnolias
7. Cinderella Man
8. Lord of the Rings trilogy (only for cuddle time w/Doug)
Four places you have lived:
9. Ephrata
10. Birmingham
11. Dallas
12. New Orleans
Four places you have been on vacation:
13. Dominica
14. Chicago
15. Tucson
16. Gatlinburg
Four of my favorite foods are:
17. ice cream
18. peanut M&Ms
19. steak
20. pork bbq
Four places I would rather be right now:
21. hanging out with friends in Leeds, AL ;)
22. reliving our honeymoon in the mtns. of TN
23. sleeping
24. at a Saints victory party :(
Four friends I think will respond:
25. squeaky
26. smilz06
27. nicbec
28. heather h.

Just for fun ... a little Louisiana editorial cartoon --- I guess we gotta get ready for crawfish season! Sadness.

6 comments:

  1. Hey,
    Just a couple of comments/questions:

    1. Is "Funnel-Cake Maker" on your resume?
    2. Is there a handbook somewhere that requires all females between the ages of 25 and 40 to like "Fried Green Tomatoes"? I've never met one that doesn't.
    3. My condolences on the Saints. The Eagles lost 3 straight NFC Championship games earlier in the decade - I'm familiar with the let down. You just have to get used to saying "wait 'till next year" over and over and over and over...

    I hope your mom and dad were well entertained.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris,
    Nope, FCM is not on my resume but it sure was fun to do for a weekend at a food expo in Bham.

    And, yes to the handbook. It's really Julia and Dolly that we all love. :)

    Yep, and just wait til next year. We'll be rootin' for the Colts in the SB -- Peyton was in h.s. in nola at the same time as Doug. ;) But, really the Bears just squeaked in ... Grossman frustrated me all season as my fantasy QB ... he doesn't deserve a Superbowl appearance for his performance this year (I'm tired of cheering for his sorry play.)

    And, actually, I think Mom and DAd are at D & H's house now ... they probably didn't visit my blog last night so this one was for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you mean Fried Green Tomatoes or Steel Magnolias? Cause Julia and Dolly are in Steel Magnolias and Kathy Bates and Mary Stuart Masterson were in FGT.
    -T

    ReplyDelete
  4. loved the answeres. thanks for playing and the cartoon at the end was great. i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right, T ... I love both SM and FGT and get the plots confused in spite of their huge differences.I edited the post. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your comment about the colts reminded me...there is a little guy in my class who loves the colts. That's all he writes about in his journal. He gives me the play by play every Monday! He even disguised a turkey as Peyton Manning for a project we did at Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete