Most bodily fluids are pretty gross, however, the snot always gets me. I smile inside when a new dad gets annoyed about a baby's drool because it's the best of all of them, imo. Snot on the other hand is slimey and doesn't just evaporate from your shirt when a little nose digs his face in your chest and turns his head. :) I thought about posting pictures, but you'd get ones of snot. Sam has a virus of some sort this week and his nose is like a dripping faucet .. yeah, the clear stuff was not so bad at the beginning, but the thick, yellow stuff that's taken it's place is just yuck.Picture this ... just for laughs ... an almost three year old boy on the couch intently leaning over a book with an inch-and-a-half snotty loogie coming straight down from his nose. A mom peeks in on him from the kitchen and thinks, "Save the book, the couch, something ... quick find a tissue and help this poor child!" Scanning frantically and finding only empty boxes of tissues before she snags one from the kitchen box... off to the couch, just in time to watch the boy sling his head causing the quarter size snot to go somewhere. Where? They look and look. Okay, so mom looks; the boy is not interested in finding the snot ... only in reading his book. The couch is hit. Tissue is used on the couch instead of the boy. Mission changed while on course, but snot elminiated in the end.
Hopefully, you're giggling and not thinking about how much time I have on my hands. This is THE reason why I've convinced my husband that new couches are NOT on the priority list right now! And, I haven't even told you any pee and poop stories.
Hee, hee. Oh, and is there a more proper term for snot? I can't remember one.
And that is one reason that selling our couch and loveseat was no problem for me...too many of those type "marks" on them and juice/kool-aid stains,of course.
ReplyDeleteOh, and I checked out snot on Thesaurus.com which only turned out results on the brat or urchin definition of it. Nose mucus, maybe? Though snot is much easier to say. ;)
Umm.. so when we come over tonight, I'm sitting on the floor!
ReplyDeletenose mucus, huh? snot is much easier yet less sophisticated.
ReplyDeleteuh, christina, I sterilized everything ... it's all okay!