Thursday, July 27, 2006

Staying home

I decided it would be best for all of us to skip the beach trip this weekend. It's been a busy week and a half. Once Doug returns, we only have a couple days before we leave for the Daspit family vac to Navarre Beach on Wed. thru the following Sunday. In light of all that, it's just more sane of me to not push it. Usually when Doug is gone, I run myself ragged trying to fill our time apart with activities ... and then, end up with overtired kids and feel guilty because I just want to do something to keep my mind off being without him. I'm done with that ... we'll enjoy a quiet weekend and small fun stuff before the crazyness of next week! I'm disappointed to miss extra time with Joy and Emily but I don't need to be selfish at the boys' expense.

This morning the boys and I met Heather and her boys for Mommy and Me time at a local gymnastics academy. It was a good diversion and the boys loved it! Sam asked tonight if we could go again tomorrow with Tucker. Heather is anxiously ready for little Ruben to show his face as she is quickly reaching her due date of 8/6 for son#3. She was happy to get out of the house for a little while too ... we may play together again this weekend.

I'm happy to jump in bed early tonight after too many nights of seeing 1-2am before my eyes closed. And, I'll enjoy having the bed to myself -- usually when Doug is gone, I actually sleep really good once I get myself to bed (psychologically, I'm waiting for him to go with me and have to force myself to climb in by myself!). Maybe I'll have the pleasure of at least a 9-hour night!

I actually did get a text msg from Doug last night, which was nice. Usually I don't hear from him at all while he's gone -- no news is good news, he reminds everyone. Anyway, 3 more days to go.

P.S. Dad, thanks for sending the vitamins ... trying it out and haven't felt any great results yet, but I'm happy to try and see if they will lessen the pain and actually rebuild cartilage -- which is the real problem. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment