The boys are doing pretty well so far without Doug. Sam has asked about him several times and we've been sure to kiss his picture before bedtime, too. Of course, we talk about him all the time.
It's been so fun to have Joy and Em around for girl time. As expected, we've been up to the wee hours of the morning so we're all running a little ragged but still enjoying our time together. Em is trying to pack everything she needs to do in town before she leaves ... and functioning at church w/o Doug, which isn't easy, she says.
We enjoyed the playground yesterday morning with Aunt Joy. Today, Zach was ready for a nap early so we're waiting until before lunch to go to the library to get new books. We have some errands to run, too. Tonight is dinner w/the Schuler girls and us at Cheesecake Bistro--yum!
Joy and Emily are leaving tomorrow night for Pensacola Beach for two nights before they head north on Saturday. The boys and I are planning to go, but I'm having second thoughts about driving back to New Orleans alone with the boys. When I'd wake last night to tend to the boys, my thoughts were on the "what-could-happen" circumstances on the 3-hour trip home on Saturday. Not sure if it's God's impressions or simply my fears. Praying for clear direction and what's best for my sanity and the boys' safety and comfort while Doug is gone.
I'm reminded that last year at this time while Doug was in Mexico is when I really started blogging ... so I guess this marks the first anniversary of my adventure in the blogging world. It sure has been quite a year.
Yep, I miss Doug.
I can imagine you are struggling right now! I will be praying for you!!!
ReplyDeleteChrista
Thx, Christa ... I'm learning to force myself to be extra patient (esp. with the boys) since I don't have reinforcements arriving for the evening. Joy and Em have been an awesome distraction, but Sam is definitely starting to feel his absence.
ReplyDelete