Doug is safely tucked away in the mountains of Tennessee with 20 others (youth and leaders). While they were in Chattanooga, he called me to find a Super Walmart on the way where they could purchase groceries for the week. I knew when they left the store, because the credit card company (used it to pay for the massive amt. of food necessary) called to verify this strange, huge charge in Tennessee. It's nice to know that they have alerts like that.
Emily and Joy flew in last night and arrived safely, too. Last night was a little hectic (as expected) with Doug being at church to search and pack bags, then some time with Emily and Joy before we all parted ways for the night. The girls will leave on Thursday night before Doug returns on Sunday night -- so that was the last time to be together.
The boys and I are getting ready for a busy week without Daddy. I made a paper chain with Sam this morning (one link for every day until he comes home with special events of the day on each ring). We looked at the US map we have and talked about where Daddy was, etc. I didn't think he was processing any of it, but when the girls came back -- it was the first thing that he showed them. :) He's always listening even when it doesn't look like it -- like father, like son. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment