Thursday, October 28, 2010

He joined the club!

During fall break, Zach was seen by a new (to us) eye doctor at Children's Hospital. We came home with a glasses prescription and eyedrops for every night. The eyedrops are meant to blur the vision of his good eye some so that his lazy eye will be forced to work harder. So, Zach joined the club of glasses-wearers about a week ago. It was fun to watch him pick out his frames. I had no idea what to expect, but his opinions were pretty cute i.e. "These make me look like a teacher." or "I look like a girl." or THE ones of choice ... "I look goooood." as he checked his profile in the mirror. He wanted wire rims like his dad, and he kept coming back to the same pair even though we tried on at least a dozen. I won't forget that visit. It's fun to watch him become his own little person ... he is so kindergarten!

After his first day with them, his teachers felt like his attention span was longer making his focus more consistent with their expectations. Sweet. He likes to wear them. It helped that Uncle John texted a pic and said, "Welcome to the club!" Before he even got his pair, he was noticing all the people in "the club". He's been responsible about wearing them always, cleaning them, putting them in his case at night, and leaving them on his school desk for lunch and recess. He's only forgotten them one time ... as we pulled up to school last Friday, he exclaimed, "Mom, I forgot my glasses." I hadn't even noticed.

So here he is ... we are so proud of him!

3 comments:

  1. Yay Zach! and you do look gooood, buddy! Olivia will be joining the club before too long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, he looks adorable! Glad they already seem to be having positive results too! :-)

    ReplyDelete