Wednesday, February 17, 2010

More Valentine's Day fun



It was fun to have Valentine's Day on Sunday this year. After church, we drove through Krispy Kreme to pick up free doughnuts for the boys (using those nifty Valentines they were giving out). Everyone wanted the same kind ... chocolate heart with red drizzle. We opened our bags and they were genuinely delighted at all the cards that were waiting inside. We watched the Olympics almost all day and made a couple neighborly deliveries. Let me explain the pictures. 

The top two are Sam and Zach creating these wonderful treats that are so yummy and they do not require rolling dough out, sprinkles, or other such messes or testing this Mama's patience. You can make them for any holiday ... pretzel, white candy melt, and MnM. They lined up the pretzels and placed the candy melts. We stuck them in a low heat oven for a little bit to get them to melt some, then put that festive little MnM on top. It's a beautiful thing! These have been a later addition to the Moyer traditional Christmas Eve cookie feast by candlelight so they are dubbed "Grandma's pretzel thingees" according to us. Everyone loves them.

I couldn't pass up posting the pic of Eli. He was napping during the pretzel-thingee-making, but here he dons his big boy underwear by themselves. This is only so I'll remember to take him to the potty more often. He is doing remarkably well for a little man six weeks shy of 2 years old. 

The last pic of my silly feet is really a pic of my sweet surprise from the boys ... well, really, we were in Walmart and they saw these TMNT pajama pants and said, "Mom you have to get them! They are awesome!" And, so ... for seven bucks ... I have matching pants to go with my TMNT Tshirt and the cool slipper socks that Heidi gave me for Christmas match perfectly as well. Glad I didn't trade my green ones for the pink ones I liked better. :) I feel like a turtle when I wear all of that together.

A little sidenote ... I find myself more intentional with the boys since Doug is gone this week. I've played more, snuggled more, hugged more, squatted down more, tickled more and prayed more. But all of this should be part of my normal days. I'm praying that this week will jumpstart more intention with each of them. I want so bad for them to really love Jesus and understand His extravagant love for them, but if I'm not loving them MUCH, then will they have a healthy picture of His way-more love for them? I'll never do it perfectly, but I know I can do better. I can love Him more by intentionally demonstrating His love to my boys. I'm certain of that.

2 comments:

  1. Those pretzels are a great idea. We'll definitely have to try it out. And Eli looks so big in his big-boy underwear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, could those boys be any cuter or have a more wonderful Mom? I think not!! Praise God for my ever multiplying blessings!!

    All my love,
    Mimie

    ReplyDelete