


Since Doug is out of town for awhile, I'm on my own for bedtime (usually he does most of it and I read to Eli while he reads to the older two). My challenge is to find books that all three can enjoy and sit through together. Here are some of our latest finds. I like when I pick something from the library for Eli but one of the other two ends up choosing it for their "pick" at bedtime. Eli can sit through anything that rhymes and the pages move quickly. But, when he gets to be with the big boys, he doesn't mind sitting through a Miss Bindergarten book either (we have read the 100th day one a lot lately since Sam celebrated his 100th day of kindergarten not that long ago). I love seeing what Eli can enjoy right now and he's really loved some of our previous favorites for this age (anything by authors John Butler or Jez Alborough), while we've also discovered some new favorites like "Bears on Chairs" by Shirley Parenteau and "Hickory Dickory Dock" by Keith Baker. I save the board books that end up being "point at this" for the bathroom (you can wipe them off!) and those are the ones I throw in my purse if we're going to be waiting somewhere. Let me know if you have any other authors or favorites to try with Eli in this stage.

No comments:
Post a Comment