The boys are totally enjoying being at Mimie's house. Having already learned how to get out of the pack'n play over Thanksgiving, Eli has taken to napping in the big boys' bed during the day but may be confused that he has to sleep in his bed at night. Not necessarily a transition I want to do on a three-week trip away from home, but we're riding it. Oh, and he can open the doors here too. I'm continually amazed at how much he understands of our conversation without many words of his own, yet he's trying more and more verbal communication every day. He seems taken by his cousin Clay (now 6 months old) and seems to understand that he's his playmate. I'm very thankful that those two will have each other once we return to NOLA next summer.
We celebrated Christmas as a family this morning. It was so fun to see the boys enjoy giving the gifts that they'd picked out for each other. I've already enjoyed some of their loot ... a little watercolor painting this morning and a couple games of Battleship with Sam. What a blessing it is to give gifts to those we love at the holidays. May we be generous givers and gracious receivers.
Merry Christmas to all.
No comments:
Post a Comment