Doug returned earlier than expected last night. He has been in Tennessee on the youth summer trip since Sunday. The boys and I hunkered down at home literally as we all got sick with various flu symptoms which lasted most of the week. In spite of all that, my plan for packing the house on my own went pretty close to schedule, especially since the boys spent several mornings hanging out on the couches with PBS.
Last night, we enjoyed a nice dinner at Chili's to catch up on the events of the week. We're staying at Mimie's house for the weekend. [Funny that we haven't done this since when we lived in Dallas from 99-02. Even though it's a new house for her, it's nostalgic.] We pick up the truck this morning and have a couple errands. Breaking down furniture and getting everything ready to load is the plan of the day before an evening meeting on the Northshore with friends. Tomorrow is our last morning at Berean with a farewell lunch following the morning service. After that, packing the truck is top priority. We pull out early (hopefully) Monday morning for Little Rock.
And, the real reason I even thought of my blog on this crazy morning is ... this classic line from Zach. This morning, he anxiously comes up to me and says, "Mom, I left something in the car!!!" I ask, "What is it, Zach?" He says with a sheepish grin, "Home." I love that kid.
As to how we're all feeling ... Sam and Zach are excited and ready to help pack the truck tomorrow. Eli missed his daddy this week (I didn't realize it with all else that was going on, but could tell by the way he reacted to seeing him again!), still feels punky. I'm especially grateful for the familiarity of Mimie's house this weekend for him. Poor guy! Doug is super-tired from the trip with barely any down time, but I know he'll dig deep and tackle it all then crash next weekend. I'm still feeling strange symptoms from the flu stuff (last night was a stiff neck), and just praying hard that we make it to Little Rock without anyone throwing up.
Still need a buyer for the house ... really don't want to rent. Pray for wisdom with next steps. Neighbor's sister/fiance seem interested but haven't asked to see it yet. So curious to read the last chapter of the story of this house in our lives.
Praying for you guys.
ReplyDeleteWhat a bummer to be sick your last week. Thank goodness for PBS (hopefully guilt-free) for just these types of situations. I'm glad the boys seem excited about the move. I'm sure it will be a little hard on them once the excitement settles down, but at least you're starting with excitement! :-) Orin talks so much about moving to NOLA or back to VA and it's so sad. I'll pray that you miraculously wake up feeling totally healthy!!!! It's miserable traveling sick.
ReplyDelete