Sunday, November 02, 2008

Streams of thoughts

Birthday cakes and halloween candy shouldn't be in the same week. My self-control has been tested. Speaking of self-control, have I told you that I'm wearing my pre-pregnancy size? Yes, indeed. The inches are leaving me and throwing a farewell party.

I visited the farmer's market yesterday. The one major thing I miss about PA is the amazing farm-raised fruits and vegetables. I still haven't figured out what grows when here, but it was delightful and odd to view the small assortment of locally grown produce on the corner of a busy intersection downtown.

I never realized (before kids) what a treat it was to run errands without little people along. My time is cut in half easily. Well, only if I don't dawdle. And, when I'm alone, dawdling is inevitable. I like choosing my interruptions.

Clothing myself and two kids was no problem. In fact, it was kind of fun. Three growing kids plus my disappearing self (smile) has been a little challenging. I'm so thankful for the many boxes of clothes that have been given to the boys. The challenge is staying organized and finding the box in the attic when you need it. Hooray for finding a couple more boxes last night. Now, Eli will be styling too. Oh, and I'm thankful that my husband dresses himself. Yes, it's a good thing.

Did I really see that gas was $2.19/gallon? Crazy. Since we have gas heat, I'm down with lower prices. Was it really $4.49 this summer? Tennessee won for that highest gas price we saw on our trip north in September.

I'm pretty excited to vote in such a historic election. I might just go at 6am when the polls open just for fun.

Speaking of 6am, you know life is too busy when you forget about daylight savings until your mom emails a reminder at 7:30pm on the night of turning clocks back. Ugh. We should have planned better to keep the boys up and wear them out. Middle brother was up at 6:30. He didn't change his clock. Wink. We'll see how nuts (tired) they are at the church luncheon today. What were we thinking? I'm thinking that maybe Zach and I will take some walks on the levee in the early hours of the morning.

Who knew? In our preschooling efforts, we've been working on the letter P. Ya know ... pumpkins, pie, etc. Well, we decided to have a P pizza last night, complete with toppings of peppers, pepperoni, and pineapple. The best part was that I figured out what spices to add to a 8oz can of tomato sauce so that we actually had yummy pizza sauce (and much cheaper). I'm a recipe kind of cook, so this accomplishment was monumental. Doug might have been impressed. Wink. Can I just give a shout-out to the internet for my culinary endeavors? I love google when I want to figure out something specific. I'm close to paring down my cookbooks to just a handful.

Pics of the costumed kids ... coming soon. It's a rule ... the camera's batteries run dead on birthdays, vacations, and holidays. It knows. We need to do a photo shoot in the next couple days. The croc, doc, and pup definitely won't mind getting into character again.

Have I mentioned lately how incredibly blessed I am? When parts of life are uncertain, I totally dig that I have an awesome husband and three pretty incredible boys. And I thought life was good when I was a teenager ... I'll take this season over that one any day of the week. This is my last year with all the kids at home. I really love it almost all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment