Sunday, July 20, 2008

Crack bars

I made a pan of these for friends that had a new baby, gave them half and kept half for us (see previous post). This is a sweet that it totally worth the calories. I can turn down many desserts, but this one beats my will every time. I'm sure it's the peanut butter/chocolate combination -- my favorite. Right now, I'm desperately determined not to eat the last one, which I'm saving for my awesome husband who is working an extra long day (who better eat it tonight or it's mine!). When our friends asked for the recipe, they dubbed them "crack bars" because of their addictive qualities. That sure seemed a lot more appropriate than plain ol' Peanut Butter Squares. You have been warned ... do not make these unless you are forced to share ... you won't want to share, but it is necessary for your overall health to do so.

4 comments:

  1. Oh yum, I've got almost all the ingredients! How did you put that cool recipe thingie in there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummo! I think I've made something similar to that before and they are addictive. I love calling them Crack bards. That is hilrarious!
    My husband doesn't like desserts with PB, so that would really be a bad thing to have laying around my house ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guessing these aren't on the South Beach Diet? Wow. Too bad for me. :-( I love pb and chocolate!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh bummer! They don't have corn syrup in England. I do love a good pb and choc combo.

    ReplyDelete