Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Fetal Echo

Yesterday, I saw my OB and everything is great. He even said that my weight gain was in the normal range -- who would have thought? This morning, I visited a pediatric cardiologist's office for the fetal echocardiogram that was ordered at our second ultrasound because of the baby's irregular heartbeat. Dr. White and his assistant were superb and very thorough. In the end, he found nothing out of the ordinary. We suspected that would be the case since the third ultrasound and subsequent OB visits since that second ultrasound were all very normal. Of course, it was great to have them get a closer look at the boy's heart. There are obviously still some risks and possible problems that could occur as a result of it, but nothing that can be detected right now. It's amazing how my view of life is so fragile after losing a little one. God knows and I've got to trust Him.

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful news! Now have a terrific time with your family for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. smiling over here, and I'll continue to pray...

    Also, did you ever remember my maiden name?

    Smith. Yup. Allison Nan Smith. I dropped the Smith and left the Nan. Cuz I was afraid some one would buy me bath towels with my initials.

    Yup. Spell that one out.

    woo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah for baby. any names picked out yet? are you guys staying in nola for christmas? we are here and we are going to be at church on sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'the boy'?! When is the poor boy going to get a name? How abouta...Jeb? BTW, congratulations on the news and happy b'day to Sam!

    ReplyDelete