Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas festivities

Here's a bunch of pictures from our season of Christmas this year. Most are from today when the four of us went downtown on a nature hunt (according to Sam). We ate beignets by the river, went by the aquarium that was closed, and passed the "Polar Express" that ran around the gingerbread church before we found the reindeer (sound like a Dora adventure?). It was a fun family outing. The Miracle on Fulton Street is new to New Orleans this year ... we enjoyed the fake snow, real reindeer, small crowd and brisk weather.
Oh, and the song to the pictures ... yeah, I kept it only to remind us of Girl Sam's endearing karaoke performance at the youth Christmas party. :) Wish I had a video of her rendition. She has kept us smiling since she sang about baby "Neo" (Sam in utero) on the Tennessee youth trip in '03. We love you, Samantha.

3 comments:

  1. I love the pictures. what a great family outing.Merry Christmas!,we love you.

    the wofford's

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMY!!!
    Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! It looks like you must keep the PA Dutch tradition of putting the tree up "later" in the season. Growing up, we'd put it up the weekend before, sometimes the day before. Then we'd leave it up to mid January.

    Mmmm...beignets! Gotta love them! I fixed a Kenyan sweet treat called mandazis for our Christmas Around the World dinner at church on Sunday. Missy's family and Mike and I both thought they tasted like beignets.

    ReplyDelete