Saturday, October 20, 2007

News of the day

LSU WON!! Amazing comeback. I'm delighted at the outcome since Doug and Jeremy are at the game (sorry, Jennifer!).

BOBBY JINDAL is the new governor of Louisiana!! The first Indian-American governor of the U.S. and amazingly in the deep south. Lord willing, we'll have some competence heading the future of Louisiana for awhile. I'm amazed that he's only 3 years older than me. Hooray for a spokesman from our generation.

5 comments:

  1. One thing we're starting to notice is that people on TV or in politics are our age!!! We've always been younger than everyone. We're still getting used to the fact that we're old!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alabama WON this weekend, also!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bobby Jindal! That's great! I forgot you guys had elections! Wow, now I feel like I am half way around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, LSU pulled it out in the last moments, didn't they? My hubby is a huge AU fan & he was not happy about that!
    I was secretly torn because my roots are the purple & gold...raised in S'port, La. Needless to say Matt has been avoiding my father's phone calls for days! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yuck. Not so happy about the comeback, at all. Thanks for feeling sorry for me though. :-)

    ReplyDelete