Monday, October 22, 2007

Holdin' it in

I guess it's about time to tell my blogging friends ... that we're expecting a little addition to our family. God's blessings are abundant! He has given us yet another opportunity to watch life unfold before our eyes and granted us the responsibility of guiding one more little one to love Him on this earth. We're excited. This journey of pregnancy has been filled with varying emotions as a result of my last one (see the hannah tags), but God has proven Himself faithful in little ways again and again. I first felt the baby move about 2 weeks ago, which was the exact week that we learned of Hannah's fatal condition. God knew I needed to be reminded of His faithfulness even when I could be fearful.

The picture above is from 9/11 (9 weeks). Our due date is April 5. Both big brothers like the idea of having a baby in the house. Sam seemed to simply know that there was a "baby in your tummy, Mama" before I was willing to admit it. He had several questions when we explained to him that this was another baby, not Hannah. Recently, he's been excited to point out the enlarging of my tummy.

I'm 16 weeks and saw my OB this morning. Heartbeat sounded awesome. We had an "extra" ultrasound scheduled for this afternoon, but we couldn't make it to our appointment because of the flash flooding in the city. If you're familiar with the Westbank, General de Gaulle was flooded from Holiday to the bridge approach. My OB considered this ultrasound to provide some "peace of mind" since we're right around the crucial time in my last pregnancy. We were anxious to see our baby's progress and maybe even gender, but we'll have to wait a little longer. The next earliest available appt. wasn't until next week. Patience is a virtue, right? I'm forced to be patient, but I'll be calling every day to see if there's a cancellation. ;)

20 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! Praying for a very smooth pregnancy and arrival into this world for your sweet little one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome guys! praise the Lord. you are in our thoughts. and save your energy, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah!!! Thanks for sharing this awesome news. I can't wait to hear more details -- especially from the mom of two toddlers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry that you didn't get to go to your ultrasound. I guess it's a good thing we didn't wait until today to leave N.O., huh?

    Congratulations. I can tell from the first pic that Jeremina is cutie ;).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah!!! I'm so excited for you guys. Congratulations and picture me jumping up and down in my living room in L.C.
    ~T

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! That is so awesome. I am so happy for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...congrats! You really were holding it in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY!! I can not tell you how happy I am for you all. I will be praying for you guys.

    ps. thanks for the brown and yellow comment! That makes me laugh so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you made it to your appointment even if you couldn't make the ultrasound. Praise God that everything seems well and I'll be praying that an appointment opens up before next week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. AAAHHH! I want to scream out loud but my kids are in the bed! HOW FUN! You are before me - you sneak! I'm praying for you and so excited for you! What fun! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! You can almost see God's hands surrounding this little one. May your waiting time be full of God's presence.

    ReplyDelete
  12. yeah! i am so excited for you guys. what a blessing. congrats. i can't wait to hear all about how the new little one is doing through your pregnancy. will be praying. love ya

    ReplyDelete
  13. 16 weeks! I could never wait that long to tell... it must have been driving you crazy. Well, it would have driven ME crazy. I don't understand constraint.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, congrats, by the way...

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad the news is finally out...I've been DYING over here!! Praising God for his faithfulness and blessing, and praying for continued good news and patience every day! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats! Lookin' forward to all the updates now!

    Are the G*b's planning their T'giving trip to NO? You and Shari will have to compare tummies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats! Beth, our boys, and I are praying for you on a regular basis.

    By the by, nice timing - I'm almost positive that all the greatest people are born in April! :)

    (Yeah, I'll save you from looking it up - I'm April 7th)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations!! That is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow!! im gone for a week and this is what I miss! Oh congratulations! I am so happy for you. I am thrilled. I will especially pray for you guys as you wait on the Lord! Oh happy day!

    ReplyDelete