October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. As I was baking today, I came across this nifty little way to donate ... a quarter at a time. Simply register the UPC symbols of certain baking items, and they'll automatically donate 25 cents for every item registered. Check out the site to find out what products count or you can find a pink ribbon on the actual labels too. I even scoured my cupboards and found some other bottles in my pantry that qualified. Here's the link: www.bakeforthecure.com. You can also post recipes and share recipes with friends and give a dime that way too. Let me know if you have found other ways to support breast cancer research too.
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Bake for the Cure
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. As I was baking today, I came across this nifty little way to donate ... a quarter at a time. Simply register the UPC symbols of certain baking items, and they'll automatically donate 25 cents for every item registered. Check out the site to find out what products count or you can find a pink ribbon on the actual labels too. I even scoured my cupboards and found some other bottles in my pantry that qualified. Here's the link: www.bakeforthecure.com. You can also post recipes and share recipes with friends and give a dime that way too. Let me know if you have found other ways to support breast cancer research too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is so cool! I had no idea but, I found some too. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment on my blog. I really was wondering where the name came from, so that makes sense. I'm glad you like it. I like it, too (it's growing on me), and I always wonder with shows like that what the people who live there really think of it.
ReplyDelete