Monday, October 15, 2007

Another sibling on a work team

It's been pretty phenomenal that four of my siblings have come down to New Orleans since Katrina to help with hurricane recovery. Because my parents are always serving others and we kids tagged along while under their care, there's no doubt that their example is a huge part of why all 7 of us value serving others today. The last to arrive was my 2nd oldest sister, Melody and her husband John who came with a team from Calvary Bible Church in Derry, NH. (For the SBC folks, this would be the John that is the eldest son of the "Drs. Talley".)

Since they had a smaller team of 7, it was easy to join them for several dinners at church and even a trip downtown (beignets on the menu, of course!). I enjoyed not having to cook much during the week and it was most fun to watch the boys interact with their Uncle John and Aunt Mel. Of course, it was awesome to have them in our world and hear their outside perspective of it. The cart picture on the left happened during after-dinner conversation one night ... it seems wise to note that the cart rides were inititated by one of the team members. Thankfully, the boys couldn't push each other as fast as she could push them. I'm sure they'll try this again on their own though ... and probably not at the best time. ;)
Aunt Mel and Zach at dinner
Uncle John introduced the boys to ice hockey w/straws. So entertaining!

2 comments:

  1. That is so great how many of your sibling have come down to help! Man, they are really fun teaching your kids lots of new things. I love the ice hockey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that about your relation to the Talleys. Very cool.
    And sooo jealous about the beignets. I may have mentioned before that my daughter prays everyday that we can go back to N.O. sometime!

    I like your blog.

    ReplyDelete