Within the hour, he was ready to come out and play.At dinner, Doug asked Zach where his pacis were, and he replied, "The babies have them." After a bath and books w/Daddy, both of them were ready to sleep. When I went in to say good night, Zach asked for the Little People book and had his nightlight on and ready. I couldn't help but get my camera. I know it's blurry, but you get the idea. Within a half hour, Zach was out. It had been a tiring day!
Normally, Zach is an early riser (and pooper, if you recall), so I was anxious to see how this transition would affect my mornings. Thankfully he's only had one morning of crying in his sleep at 5am. Other than that, he hasn't been up any earlier than usual.
Our hardest part has definitely been naptime. He's had two good naps at a regular time in his room ... on Wednesday (3rd day) and today (7th day). The pic is from Wed. I thought we had turned a corner but the next three days proved just as tiring for me as for him. Maybe this week we'll be "all better". He hasn't asked for it in several days. It seems like this transition is always so hard to actually commit to do as parents, and our experience is that they don't depend on it nearly as much as we do. So, you know what's next ... the potty ... we'll see if he REALLY likes to imitate Sam or if that's just all "talk." (Zach repeats just about everything Sam says.) Don't worry I won't be starting that for at least another month or two, if then. I'm definitely looking for the window (of opportunity and readiness) to open even just a crack.
We're going to do this in reverse from you guys. Seth has been asking for Cars underwear for about a week now, so we're going to buy some tomorrow during our weekly shopping trip and see how it goes. He tells us all the time he's going to pee in the potty like Noah, so we'll see. He is NOT ready to give up the paci though. Anytime we talk about him needing to be a big boy and not use his paci anymore, it seems like he spends more time in his room with it. I figure one thing at a time, and for now it seems like it's his potty time! Good luck with this week and the no paci thing. Make sure to give an update - I want to see how long it lasts with the no nap thing.
ReplyDeleteOh! I love this post and the sweet pictures. Poor guy! It's like he's coming off of some addiction. LOL! I remember having to do the same thing with Hope. Chad sucks his thumb though so I thought it would be even worse but he has pretty muched stopped until it's time for bed. Sometimes I go in and try to pull his thumb out of his mouth while he is sleeping but somehow even asleep he uses all his muscles and keeps it in there.
ReplyDeleteThat is too cute, girl! Hang in there...you're doing great.
ReplyDeleteIt is sad though. And tiring. I remember those feelings.
Glad you've stayed strong!!!
ReplyDeleteHow old are your boys?
Oh, that sweet thing. He just melts my heart. I'm so glad we didn't have to deal with that weaning. Weaning Abi from breastfeeding took forever. Of course, if she'd taken a paci, it might've helped....
ReplyDeleteThe first week was the hardest for us. The next week was a bit easier. That was 6 or 7 months ago and he still asks for it on random occasions. We have to remind him that it fell in the potty. So sad...
ReplyDeletehey girl.. oh this is a battle i do not want to fight.. but i know i have to. Jorge is addicted badly to his paci. i feel like i need to do it before the next baby arrives. how old is sam??
ReplyDelete