I've mentioned before that I've had to move the church library. Today, I took pictures of this stage (like 3 weeks since the start) of our auditorium expansion. Sorry I don't have "before" pictures for anyone who hasn't been to Berean. This entire room which used to be part foyer, small kitchen and library will now be our expanded auditorium. These are mostly for Rob and Christina, but I know Dad Moyer is probably interested too. Right, Dad?
From the foyer, front doors to the right
the back wall, offices through the glass
the library used to be where the pile of pink stuff is; framing is up for a storage area
the right side of the church, you can see framing for the sound booth
the stage will be extended some, not sure what else will be different up there
holy cow!
ReplyDeleteC,I like the last picture of the cross.Even though caos can be all aroundChrist is right there with us.
ReplyDeleteMelissa
Wow! That's so crazy! There are a lot of memories in that place. So weird. Is there new tile in the foyer? It looks different, or maybe I just not use to seeing it in a picture. Thanks for posting the pictures!
ReplyDeleteEm, totally forgot that you would enjoy those too.
ReplyDeleteChristina, the tile floor will be replaced by carpet. I think it looks different because it's so dusty. Even though they mop it before Sunday since we still use the front bldg for children/adult classes, it's pretty gross.
Forgot to mention ... we're having corporate worship services in the gym right now. Maybe I can take some pictures of how that looks too for now.
O.K. my heart is a little sad right now. I got baptized where that cross is. I cant say another thing. Certainly not wanting to sound overly dramatic. Just - WOW
ReplyDeleteAllison
(thanks for sharing)
geez. what industrious folks you guys are there. when is this all supposed to be completed? i'm with allison and christina...many memories...i was baptized there,too.
ReplyDeleteHey, we're intereseted too! :-) So they are leaving the offices? Is there going to be a hall there behind the extended sanctuary? What about the copier room? Thanks for the pics. It's good to see how it's going. I'm glad I got to see it one last time when I was visiting.
ReplyDeleteok, sorry, forgot to spell-check!
ReplyDeleteGreat idea to take photos of the progress Chrystal! I'm sure I have some photos of "before" from activities in the "old" foyer area and the sanctuary.
ReplyDeleteI didn't know about the plan for the carpet in the foyer. That will be nice. It will help me hear better in there too - not so much echoing. I keep wondering about the wallpaper. They tore down half of what I put up about 5 years ago. LOL I'm wondering if they are planning to change the rest of it too. :0
Yikes! I proof-read but still misspelled Crystal! Sorry!!
ReplyDelete