Monday, July 16, 2007
Rainy days
It's 7:55 am and I'm supposed to be at church in 35 minutes. The first day of VBS. The house is still dark because it's rainy, gloomy, dreary, and very wet outside. The forecast says that it will be like this all week. Ironically, the theme of VBS is "Take the Plunge" and the setting is a waterpark. God arranged that nicely. The real kicker is going to be waking the boys every morning when all I can imagine is wonderful mornings of sleeping in late. Sigh. It will be fun. Hopefully Sam won't be freaked out by the penguin costume like he was last year of the gorilla. Penguins are sweet, right ... not at all scary like huge real-looking gorillas. Yeah, that's what I told him, but he still asked if it was only going to be in the sanctuary. We checked out his room last night. He's pretty excited but tentative. I think he's worried about the penguin. Oh, well. Thankfully, I'm not in his class. Hello, kindergarten. Maybe I'll have a more lovely perspective of toddlers when the week is over. 8:01pm. I guess I really have to do it. Wake them up, that is. Here I go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh, VBS. The joys of VBS. Are you working it? I just can't work VBS anymore. It's just not my calling. Our church has their kids' camp next week, and I'm dropping Ando off at 9am and picking him up at 2pm. That's the way I like it!
ReplyDeleteYour vacation looked wonderful! Glad you got to spend some time in Bham! (and with the soileaus...we love them too!)
Nothing like spending a week with someone else's children to make you appreciate your own!
ReplyDeleteabbey, yes, I'm working it but neither of my boys are in the class I'm in. As a staff wife, it's an expectation I can deal with. ;)
ReplyDeleteAnd you're right, amberj, I was sooo happy to see my boys at noon. AND, delighted that they were happy to see me. :)
I am dying to hear how your lttle guy reacted to "THE PENGUIN"!! ha ha! Your boys are really cute.
ReplyDeleteMichelle, I think he's been okay with the penguin, although he hasn't really been around much. It's so weird ... even though Doug is in the morning skits ... Sam is pretty tentative and nervous during them. It's like he just can't stand the suspense or something. I don't get it.
ReplyDeleteI meant ... the penguin hasn't been around much ...
ReplyDeleteobiously its been a long week, since this post was on monday and its saturday.. ha! can't wait to hear how your week went. i think your blog absence speaks for itself.
ReplyDelete