Before our recent vacation, I picked up some great fake crocs from Payless for each of the boys. They love them and proved perfect for climbing, running, trudging through streams, etc. Unfortunately, sometime between Leeds and New Orleans, Zach's left shoe disappeared. I've searched all over the car and all over the house. We've been home for almost a week and I decided it was time to simply go to Payless and buy another pair for him. He was just learning to take them off (my goal!), which is why it was lost in the first place. I was amazed to find out that the shoes have been recalled ... the recall was official BEFORE I actually bought the shoes. Frankly, I'm frustrated ... I can't spend $25 for the real deal, and I'm not at all anxious to ask Sam to take his crocs back to the store. It's ridiculous. Any thoughts? Anyone found other great toddler shoes I can try? Shoes should not take this much energy.EDIT: Believe it or not, I looked in a place that I thought I had looked ... and the other shoe was there! And, I'm thinking we're just going to ignore the recall. What would you do?
Crystal,
ReplyDeleteI found this website: http://www.payless.com/Notices/20070501_ProdRecall.html?cm_re=Site_S07_p06a_SUMMER_20070503. It just says that the reason for the recall is that the rivets holding the strap to the shoe can detach and cause a choking hazard. Your boys are probably old enough to know not to put everything in their mouths. I wouldn't think that this would cause much concern in your situation. I would probably just ignore the recall too if Evan was out of the oral stage.
Good Luck,
Denise Scipione
ignore it! But, I bought some fake ones at Walmart! Not sure if they are as good but they work for us!
ReplyDeleteDo kids ever get out of the oral stage? :) Yeah, they don't put EVERYthing in their mouths, but the things they do are weird. Maybe they're just hungry. Yeah, ok, that must be it. :) You're absolutely right, Denise. I wouldn't leave broken shoes around my kids no matter what the age so it just seems absurd. Too much happens in the name of "safety", imo.
ReplyDeleteI got E's at WalMart too, she loves them and they are perfect because she can put them on and take them off all by herself!
ReplyDeleteKait has a pair of Skechers "crocs" that we got for $12 at Kohl's. She's also got a pair of the Airwalk ones from Payless - she says the Skechers are MUCh better shoes and don't rub her feet the wrong way. So, if you look to invest in another pair...
ReplyDelete