Thursday, April 26, 2007

Update on Mom D

Some have asked for an update ... and I know many of you are praying for Eileen. She's been ministered to through your prayers, thoughts and words of encouragement. When you're walking through the fire, God uses His people to love you and this is her experience.

Her surgery on 4/17 went well. She recovered as well as could be expected and enjoyed a week and a half off work to rest and get ready for the next step. On Monday, 4/24, she met with her surgeon to discuss her findings. While her lymph nodes remained untouched by cancer, the other parts of that were taken to be tested show precancerous cells. In order to get it all, the surgeon strongly recommended and Eileen agreed to a single mastectomy on Monday, 5/7.

Please continue to pray for peace in the midst of the storm as she seeks to understand what God is doing in her life. He has her attention and she's willing to be used. Her "home" remains to be a FEMA trailer so pray for comfort in the midst of recovery as well as clear direction from God in her pursuit to find a more permanent home. Thank you so much.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Crystal! Tell Eileen she could move in with us anytime. We have a very nice spare bedroom :)
    Aly

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the update. we are still thinking about her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be praying for her. I put the 7th on my calendar so I would not forget, and I'll be praying for everything else involved also. I think about her a lot even though I don't know her. Doug was just such a sweet friend at Southeastern and God used him to answer at least one of my prayers. I'm sorry you guys have been having some painful times lately. You really are beautiful through it all, but I know it's a lot of stress.

    ReplyDelete