I've spent much of the morning arranging the hotel, rental car, and checking out the sights online to try to fill the three days we'll be there. It seems a bit strange to not leave time for afternoon naps or have to think about when the boys will wake up and how much they'll be able to handle. It's the first time we'll be out of town without the boys since we became parents (I don't think youth retreats count!).

If you've been to Seattle, we'd love your recommendations. So far, here's our list of sights to see: original Starbucks (of course!), Pike Place Market, Seattle Waterfront, Chittenden Locks, Space Needle, Mars Hill Church to name a few. Anything else we shouldn't pass up? Restaurants or quaint ice cream shops?
Oh how fun! What made you guys decide on Seattle? It seems it's one of those places we all talk about how fun it would be to go but never seem to actually travel there (accept Andy!). Maybe it's just me!
ReplyDeleteI hope you guys have a blast...do you have a layover in Dallas? Hoping!!
Never been to Seattle, but I've heard that Mount Rainier is something to see...in the summer. I don't think that winter excursions are encouraged for tourists (snow chains on your tires are required to enter), so you may have to catch it the next time you're in Seattle.
ReplyDeleteNot sure if you are Food Network fans (I'm slightly addicted, though I'll never admit it), but Rachel Ray did her "$40 a Day" in Seattle one-time. Copy and paste this link - http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_ad/episode/0,1976,FOOD_9947_20585,00.html
for where she went and what she saw. It also gives the next time the show airs again. It may give you some ideas or it may not.
Hope you guys have a great time.
I wondered if RR had done her show on Seattle. It's a great show!
ReplyDeleteHi Karen . . . It's Hailey (Heather's cousin). And guess where we used to live? Seattle!! We lived there for 2 years and loved it. You have some great sites already - including Mars Hill Church, the Space Needle and Pikes place. There is also a big ugly building - the experience music Project - it's within walking distance from the Space Needle. You'll also love hitting the huge indoor Mall that is a few levels downtown, and they have great restaurants on the top floor. I don't know if you're hubby is a sports fan, but the Seahawks might be playing at the new stadium downtown, assuming the make it past the playoff game tonight. I was asking my hubby Derek if he remembered any good places to eat, and oddly enough we can't remember any names except that we loved eating downtown - you can't go wrong. You also might check what's playing at the 5th Avenue Theater while you're there - we saw a TON of shows there and it's a great theater. You can eat at the top of the space needle in the rotating restaurant. My hubby and I ate there for about $100 and we don't drink alcohol. We had great food and enjoyed the rotating view but both agreed that a trip to the top would have sufficed and ate 3 meals elsewhere for the money!
ReplyDeleteLet me know if you have any other questions!! derekandhailey@msn.com
Enjoy your trip. Hailey
Hey! Mom and Dad have been to Seattle so you might want to email them for suggestions. I know they really enjoyed it. Have a fabulous time.
ReplyDelete