I saw this over at My Spot and thought it would be fun to share!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Only like to drink egg nog at Christmas -- reminds me of my dad! I found a good recipe for homemade -- I might try it. But, if there's no egg nog, hot chocolate is the drink of choice.
2. Does “Santa” wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa isn't a part of our Christmas celebration.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White on the tree ... maybe colored outside but we don't do decorations outside yet.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Just made an imitation mistletoe at MOPS this morning ... trying to figure out where to hang it. ;)
5. When do you put your decorations up? after Thanksgiving
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? It's the three staples together -- dark turkey, corn, and mashed potatoes with turkey gravy ... I can't decide. I love that combination. I don't need anything more.
7. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don’t remember ever believing or questioning Santa.
8. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? I think we usually opened one on Christmas Eve growing up. Our little family will celebrate Christmas on Saturday this year when it will be just the four of us. Technically though, the Christmas Eve gift to open is usually Christmas pajamas for the boys and boxers for Doug.
9. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? White lights, lots of homemade ornaments and many with meaning or memory, red and white balls, and a big red plaid bow as a topper with ribbons streaming down the sides.
10. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it! Wish for it! But, thankful not to have the extreme cold weather with it. :)
11. Can you ice skate? I haven't ice skated since college ... not graceful but I can stay on two feet for a little while.
12. Do you remember your favorite gift? Our first son was born 12 days before Christmas 3 years ago ... I really understood Mary's perspective for the first time.
13. What’s the most exciting thing about the Holidays for you? I love to see family or friends that we don't get to see very often ... whether we travel or others come to town for the holidays, it's really all about being with special people that you normally don't get to enjoy.
14. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? It's got to be the cookies. My all-time favorite is the Peanut Butter Blossom aka Hershey Kiss cookie ... and thanks to Cliff's introduction --warmed in the microwave for just a little bit makes them extra yummy.
15.What is your favorite holiday tradition? Christmas Cookie Candlelight from my childhood ... Mom would unveil all the homemade Christmas cookies on Christmas Eve with candlelight after we had gone to church as a family and caroled to shut-ins until we were frozen solid. Although we complained about caroling, it's a fun memory from my heritage and we sounded good, too. Maybe if they had given us a couple cookies before we sang, we wouldn't have been so cranky about it. ;)
16. What tops your tree? A big plaid red bow w/gold trim.
17. Which do you prefer: give or receive? I love picking out something special that is not expected. Heard this today and still considering it: An expected gift is a demanded gift.
18. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Away in a Manger -- reminds me of Sam's first Christmas and singing it to him with tears running down my cheeks while rocking him by the Christmas tree. And, I just loved it when Mrs. Buch's class used to sing Gospel Bells and ring their little bells during the children's program at GFC when I was growing up. And, one more, Sweet Little Jesus Boy that Bob Teale used to sing every Christmas at GFC until they moved away. I used that same tune for Zach's lullaby song that I "wrote" for him -- Sweet Baby Zachary.
19. Candy Canes? They're okay but I'd rather have clear toy candy or ribbon candy.
No comments:
Post a Comment