Saturday, December 16, 2006

Fantasy football

I'm not even going to explain it unless someone asks. But, for those that know what I'm talking about -- Doug and I are playing against each other in the first round of the playoffs tomorrow. I hate that I'm playing him so early as it's single elimination... sure would be fun to be the final two although that would be a long shot. Anyway ... the big guys on my team are LT, Donald Driver, Hines Ward, Tony Gonzalez, Shayne Graham, San Diego defense ... and my frustrating situation is Rex Grossman who has been about as consistent in fantasy as I rake the leaves in my yard (which is pretty bad!). Anyway, if you're watching football tomorrow -- please cheer for my team! Doug's got that incredible Saints rookie Colston as well as some other consistent guys. All season we've been battling for #3 in our league with me mostly winning...we'll see. My kicker (Graham) plays on Monday night so it won't be decided until then.

P.S. For the record, this is my third season (I think!) playing in the same league as Doug, which proves to help me sympathize with his insatious desire to watch EVERY football game EVERY weekend that is televised. I was hooked when we played against each other for the first time that first season and I BEAT HIM on Monday night...realizing it as we were watching MNF together. Yep, I'm competitive especially when it's a guy kind of turf. Ladies, you'd be surprised at how fun it is if you put a little effort into learning about the players.

7 comments:

  1. Hey Crystal,
    I seldom make time to read blogs but here I am. Alf is doing a puzzle, the boys are sleeping, and Its a Wonderful Life is on. I just have to say (in regards to this particular article) your making me look like a lousy wife:) Good Luck though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get invited to play with the boys this year. Chip says it was simply an oversight, but I think it has something to do with me beating them all the last 2 years! So I guess I benched for this season. FF actually made football somewhat enjoyable for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes...all of our husbands will be jealous. Ben found NFL here on Sunday nights a few weeks ago, so now he is in front of the tv every Sunday from 6-12. No Monday Night Football -- it would show here around 2 am I think. I guess for the Superbowl he can wake up around 4 or 5 am on Monday morning and watch the end of the game. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's exactly how I feel, Rebekah -- that I actually don't dread the season anymore. ;)
    And, Aly, I dare you to try it -- you'd love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i must say...i agree with your friend aly! : ) nick is into this fantasy football thing! i am slowing trying to get into watching football with nick on sundays...i ask a few questions to learn and stuff...but its definately going to take more time for me to get into! : ) bonne chance!! (good luck :) )

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, it's looking good -- I think I'm going to enjoy a WIN! But, you never know in fantasy ... strange things can happen. My QB didn't throw any interceptions which helped A LOT! I'll keep ya posted.

    Bec-ask to have a team in Nic's league next year -- that's the best way to learn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, I won! Yes, the "Big Bad Boovas" overtook the "jalapeno pancakes" in the first game of the playoffs ... onto take out the "raging rednecks" next. :)

    ReplyDelete